Johnnie Studio is looking for an experienced, versatile, and excellence-driven account and new business lead to help our agency take the next step in its development. This role will have three primary responsibilities: 1) serving as the primary strategic and account lead for our newest client relationships, 2) ownership of all agency new business and RFP opportunities, and 3) serving as a fierce advocate of quality work across all owned workstreams.
This individual will be a core agency leader who will need to be able to intake new business requests, concept the appropriate response, and lead the pitch process from start to finish as a core response team member and, where appropriate, content creator. All of our agency leaders are hands-on workers, and we need a lead-from-the-front type who shares that mindset and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and thrive in the complexity of strategic and creative response details.
This individual may also have client lead responsibilities for our newest client engagements, serving as a day-to-day lead for assigned work and, when relevant, leading a team of strategists in the execution of that work.
- Source and lead new business opportunities for net-new or prospective clients
- Produce and customize agency materials for net-new business responses
- Evaluate agency’s creative and strategic response to RFP requirements
- Lead presentations as core response lead
- Develop response timelines and response resourcing plans
- Serve as a versatile and experienced representative for the Johnnie brand in agency responses
- Serve as day-to-day client lead and contact for—and offer strategic leadership on—assigned account(s)
- Work with clients to define project goals, build briefs, and develop execution strategies for assigned and prospective work
- Play supporting role in developing a creative team of FTEs and contractors
- Develop and support assigned clients for organic growth opportunities
Qualities we’re searching for
- Deep industry experience, paired with a wide contact list of potential growth opportunities
- Ability to process client needs and requirements and synthesize impactful responses
- Comfort and confidence in presenting new ideas
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A collaborative spirit
- Eagerness to grow and adapt
- 10+ years of digital strategy and/or account lead experience at an agency or brand
- A flexible remote work structure
- With opportunities to work from an office environment if that’s how you prefer to work
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- HSA program
- Basic life coverage
- Parental leave program
- Untracked vacation policy
- With structures in place to ensure folks deliver a full-time work product and take ample time away!
About Johnnie Studio
At Johnnie Studio, we’re focused on a core founding principle: leveraging our innovative model to create unique and impactful content, all without the overhead and complexity in how most agencies operate. We’re small by design to best serve some of the largest organizations in the world, producing high-performing creative that resonates with modern audiences.
We staff a seasoned team and extensive network of niche specialists that seek to produce innovative work, investing heavily in ability, benefits, and remote-working solutions for the modern workforce — we are a fully remote creative studio with a flexible vacation policy and team members in every major U.S. time zone. There’s no marble-tiled lobby on Main Street here: Responsible resourcing and fearless transparency are what make Johnnie a great team to work for, and trust and empathy are what make Johnnie a great team to work with. We’re looking for a creative leader who is just as passionate as we are about both.